We recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and national environment. As a consequence of this, the management are committed to continuous improvements in our environmental performance, the prevention of waste and the protection of the environment. Environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice are regarded as setting the minimum standards of our environmental performance.
Our Policy aims to:
- Ensure sustainable waste management and to promote a higher level of re-use and recycling in all areas of our operations.
- Conserve resources through sourcing and efficient use of materials and careful planning.
- Ensure all waste is disposed of through safe and responsible methods.
- Work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products.
- Ensure the realisation of the dual benefits of reduced fuel consumption and lower exhaust emissions through coordinating route planning and delivery schedules.
- Ensure that our environmental initiatives are understood, implemented, maintained and encouraged at all levels in the organisation, and that they are supported through suitable education and training.